These are the following items you will need to begin training:
- Great Attitude - this is hard work and a lot of information. A great attitude will go a long way in your ability to deliver an exceptional class experience to your students.
- Pole Properly Installed - you will need to practice the moves in this program hands-on
- Printed Copy of the Manual - you may either download from the internet and print at home or office; or you may order a pre-printed copy from PoleandAerial.com for an additional printing fee
- Pen/Highlighters - the manual is also a workbook for you to make notes
- Qualified Spotter - you will need a spotter for some of the moves you will practice
- Solid operative knowledge of Pole Dance - we recommend you have 6 months to 2 years of pole dance experience prior to taking this course
- Water - always stay hydrated
- Grip - you will likely need grip for hot, humid days and days filled with perspiration. We have a variety of agents on the PoleandAerial.com store that are tested and approved.
- Proper Attire - In general and depending on activity: yoga pants, tank tops, shorts, bra tops, knee pads, half soles for feet
You may begin and complete the program without the following, but prior to issuance of your formal certificate, we ask that you complete the following:
- Certificate in CPR - this is important life or death training where only seconds count. You must know what to do in an emergency.
- Certificate in Group Fitness, Personal Training AFAA, ACSM, ACE, ISSA, NCSF, NCSA, or equivalent, pilates or yoga (preferred), or other significant documentable sport and/or health club experience (college athlete, military fitness, other) - you will be working with people in a variety of physical conditions and asking physical demands of them. It is important that you have working knowledge of the body to avoid injury and deliver a safe program.
You can start and finish our program without the Certificates in CPR and Group Fitness or Personal Training, but we need documentation before we issue your final certification signed by Felix Cane, Jenyne Butterfly and Anastasia Skukhtorova.
There are two types of exams:
- Written exam - this exam consists of true/false and multiple choice questions of a multitude of concepts covered in the course.
- Practical exam - this exam consists of demonstration of movements, modifications, concepts, and instruction you will submit to PoleandAerial.com in video form.
You must pass 85 percent or higher to pass.
If you do not pass any of the exams, you may redo them once with at no additional fee. If you do not pass a second time, you will be charged $59 per exam for additional administrative costs.
LIVE training exams are assessed at the time of your training in-person and certificates are generally awarded on site if you qualify and pass all exams.
ONLINE training exams are assessed and certificates issued within 10 days of your final video submission and passing all exams provided to PoleandAerial.com.